Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Monday was indeed a very very happy birthday! Andy and I are thrilled to introduce you to our BIG bundle of joy - Ezra Andrew Fey. He joined our world on Monday, Sept 14 2009 at 12:42 pm weighing in at a hefty 9 lbs and 10 oz (4365 g). He was 20 inches long (51 cm).

He was born via C-Section which was a little rough being he was so big, they had a hard time getting him out of me. Of course, I'm very, very sore now but happy to be home. Ezra looks so much like his big sister did when she was born, I'm just overwhelmed by how much the same they look!

When they pulled him out he gave a very big healthy cry to let us know his lungs work PERFECTLY. He had a small problem with both his glucose levels and his biliruben (jaundice) but the smallest amount of TLC had those issues taken care of quickly. He's been very sweet and snuggley and is just beautiful like a baby should be.

I'm tired and headed to bed, but here are a few pictures from the past few days.














Andy and Ezra in the recovery room within the first hour of birth.














One day old and his first family photo in our hospital room.














Today, Sept 17, before leaving the hospital.














In the delivery room after being cleaned up.


















In the prep room before the C-Section.
(how did I walk around like that??!)

I'll post again in a few days about his name and other fun tidbits. :D

9 comments:

Jen said...

he is adorable!

Our Peculiar Lives said...

congratulations! He's beautiful, and I can't believe how big he is! Prayers for your recovery and that you have a very happy and smooth adjustment to two kiddos! :)

Christy said...

congrats! Welcome to the world, cute little Ezra!

Rhonnie said...

Congratulations!!! So glad all went well and "little" Ezra & mommy are doing well :)

Elaine said...

Congratulations! You guys look like a perfectly happy family!!

Elaine said...

Congratulations!! You look like such a perfectly happy family.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful. Your just before delivery picture - poor girl you looked ready! I am glad he's here!
Kristen Blakley

Anonymous said...

COngrats!!!! He's beautiful Melissa!!!
hugs!!! Karyn P
prncess32302