Bedtime stories with Daddy. I got a ton of books from the library to keep Sarah occupied during our painting - the DK Encyclopedia's are a big hit. Here she is learning all about the ocean. I found it funny that she did NOT want to go explore the depths of the ocean but she IS interested in going to outerspace. Gotta love a kid with opinions!! ;)
Well, this picture looks more "rusty" to me than this brown paint really is. Here's the first coat in our entryway of the most delicious chocolate brown EVER. It's Miller Paint Cafe Brown (I think) and it's the perfect color of a hersheys chocolate bar. And what better color for the place where the kids hands go up an down the wall all day long?? :D
The red dining room wall... 2nd coat. It's coming along. LOVING this red. Not too dark, not too "cherry". PERFECT MELISSA RED!!! :D The last coat will go on today, whooohoooo!
So, what else is going on besides paint? Really not much at all. Paint paint paint. Wash walls, pull up floor trip, tape, paint paint paint. (and eat a few reeces pieces!)
The weather has been cool this week but warmed up yesterday. Today it's supposed to get to 97* UGH. NOT good painting weather! I went to Home Depot last night with my partner in crime (sis) and bought new fixtures for my bathroom - we'll be painting it soon to (just keep painting, painting, painting...) and I wanted to replace the outdated crap that's in there. Of course, i fell in LOVE with something that's a dark bronze look and my sink faucet is silver. So, not sure if I'm going to return what I bought, be mismatched, or spend MORE on a faucet that coordinates.
On the Sarah front, she's riding her bike now... has been for a month or more. Break my heart, baby girl. :( She's growing up so fast. She's also FINALLY figured out how to swing!!! I noticed a blister/ caulous on her hand from all the gripping the swing this week. heheh.
Ok, that's about it for today. Inlaws are due in 33 days. OH! We got an email from one of Andy's very cool cousins yesterday. I think she lives in Hamburg. She and her boyfriend will be coming through on vacation in two weeks - so we'll get to meet up with them for dinner or something.
Later, gater!
No comments:
Post a Comment