Here's a bible verse card that's been on my kitchen window the past week or two. At first I would read it outloud and try to memorize it. "counselor, god, father, prince..."
Then the word "Counselor" grabbed me. Have you ever been to counselor? Some are disapointing, but a good one is worth their weight in gold. So I began to think of my God as MY COUNSELOR. Hummmm. Do I pour my heart out to Him? Or do I keep even HIM from my heart aches? Do I ask Him for advice or try to fix myself? Do I come into His Office and ask for drugs and think that will fix everything??? So this week, I've been thinking about The Wonderful Counselor. What am I hoping to get out of my "sessions" with Him? Or am I wasting my time and money? (and HIS! ack!)
I hope this gives you pause and ruminates in your thoughts this week.
Off to eat my oatmeal and head to church!
Blessings!!!
1 comment:
Wonderful Counselor is probably one of my favorite names of God.
Post a Comment